[alfa] M7 x 1.0 bolts

On another subject, does anyone know where to find the ubiquitous (in
> Alfaland) M7 x 1.0 fasteners? No matter where I
> look, even the nation's largest metric fastener supplier (Fabory Metrican)
> doesn't have a one! M5, M6 and then M8 but no
> M7.  I actually wanted to get some of these beasts in stainless or aluminium
> depending on where i might use them but
> that's obviously become a fantasy.

Again, King Bolt (see my post in #808) has been able to furnish these
fasteners in various lengths in "1 each" quantities.
A good point raised in the forum had to do with thread length.  Many of the
replacement fasteners I've found are the correct diameter, pitch, and length,
but the thread runs up to the head.  This will work in low stress and most
tension applications, but be careful in critical shear (the bolt having
sideways rather than pulling loads) applicaions.  There, the unthreaded
portion of the bolt should go through all shear bearing areas.  AN bolts do
this, as they come in small incremental lengths, but only in english and not
metric sizes.  I've drilled out the often small difference and converted to AN
where the fastener's role mattered to me.
Wil Painter