[alfa] '77 spider cooling problem

Hi all,
I'm back and reunited with my spider, and am finally having to deal with the cooling problem on my spider. I've installed the Hayden electric fan, and have verified that it's pushing by putting a leaf up against it, and sure enough it's blowing through the radiator toward the engine. The water pump makes no bearing noises, and seems to be working fine. Before I remove the radiator and have it cleaned out, are there any suggestions on what to do?
If you could reply direct, I'd appreciate it as I'm behind on digests.
Thanks
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA