Re: [alfa] Alfetta sedan dash in Alfetta GTV?

Tom,

Unfortunately, no - the dashboards are not
swappable.  The Sedans windscreen has a much
tighter turn towards the outer edges where it
meets the A pillar.  It would leave you with a gap
that would probably be even more tacky.   I'm
assuming the Sedan dash and the Sprint Veloce/GTV
both were non-airconditioned cars, as there are at
least 4 different center stack designs that I know
of and they really are not interchangeable without
some cutting/filling/alterations.   The early,
non-A/C equipped cars were the only ones that had
the same basic center stack (though the lower
console holding the shiftboot and hand-brake lever
is yet another problem!)  I've ripped apart and
redone the interiors on all three of my Alfettas,
right down to rebuilding the funky cigarette
lighter of the early sedans with pieces from 3
non-working units.  Even I, wouldn't take on that
project!  There is a ton of stuff to consider
lurking behind the dash - not the least of which
is the alignment of the mounting brackets - a
difficult enough task when swapping out the same
style dash.  If you really can't stand the coupe's
layout, you should look at swapping it out with an
early GTV-6, which wouldn't be half as tricky as
trying to swap a dash from the sedans.

Long winded answer, sorry - but if you have any
questions, you can reply off - digest as well.

Cheers,

- Jeff Barhoum

'76 Alfetta Sedan
'77 Alfetta Sedan