[alfa] Re:164 Zig and Zag

Someone will probably shoot me down on this, but deep in my mental recesses I
seem to recall that the 164 Torque steer problem related to the angle of the
driveshafts relative to the engine/ transmission, and that the modification
(whatever it was) rotated the engine & transmission ever so slightly in
relation to the drive shafts to reduce this angle. There may have been a
change to the mountings as well lowering the whole thing a bit. Its too long
ago for any certainty on my part.

Tim Hancock  Boston UK

164TS
164 Super

P.S. This may not have made news round the world, but earlier this week a fire
destroyed the National Motorbike Museum near Birmingham UK destroying an
estimated #8million pounds worth of British Bikes, most of them being very old
and very rare. The good news is that nobody was hurt and that despite looking
like toast, many of the bikes are said to be restorable. The cause? Well it
looks like a cleaner dropped a cigarette butt on a pile of cardboard. I shan't
comment  on my feelings for fear of someone taking insult.