Re: Re: [alfa] Fumes in Spider cockpit

I had the same problem. After much trepidation I traced the problem to 3
(multiple) sources. They are as follows:
1.    The gas cap must be on tightly. Fumes from a loose gas cap can find
their way back into the cockpit by some fluke of aerodynamics.
2.    Check for leaking fuel lines, especially in the trunk and under the gas
tank.
3.    Does your car have the steel jacket over the twin exhaust pipes that
connect to the exhaust manifold? If so check it for leaks, as it is rust prone.
After having the jacket cut off I was able to have the pipes, which are
underneath it, welded to stop the exhaust leak. According to my mechanic, this was a
recall item on the original equipment but it was not done on many cars. This
was the final item that removed the fumes from my cockpit and I now drive fume
free!
Mike Morgan
Atlanta