Re: [alfa] Slow power window on GTV6

Welcome to the club. They all do that. The passenger side window doesn't get used as often as the driver's side and thus gets gummed-up. You can try lubricating the tracks with silicone grease and you can clean the switch connector, and the motor connector and lubricate the motor. I had SOME luck, for a while, by disconnecting the endless cable which operates the windows and running the cable without the window attached to it until the run of cable that goes between the upper and lower pulley was fresh, then re-tightening the window glass onto the fresh cable. But now, that's getting sluggish too. Anyone else have any suggestions other than replacing the mechanism? BTW, some Seventies and Eighties Ferraris use exactly the same mechanism with the same results (or so I've read).

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 10:33 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:45:16 -0700
From: Kit Redwine <kredwine@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Slow power window on GTV6

Howdy all,

The passenger window on my '86 GTV6 is very slow when "rolling" up. Going
down is fine but it just crawls coming back up. The driver's side appears
to be fine.

Any clues? Should I be cleaning any contacts? Looking at the switch? If
the switch, do I just pop it off? Could the rubber seals be causing the
slow movement?

thx,

Kit
Seattle