[alfa] Re:leather restoration

If the leather is sound, a cleaning with saddle soap is often all that is
needed. You work up a lather, rub the soap into all the cracks and crannies, let
it dry and buff with an old towel. It has the advantage of not coming off on
your clothes.
Meguire's (?sp) has a two-part system, consisting of a cleaner and a polish
in separate bottles. The important thing is to use only as much of this type of
product as necessary, and to buff it after you are done. They contain oil,
which will stain clothing.  You will be sitting on a towel for a while if you
use too much.