[alfa] RE: driving in Italy.

I'll second that emotion.

I have a friend from Northern Italy who has homes in Switzerland and
Southern Italy and has spent many years living in the UK. Even he is
amazed by the approach to driving in Italy in general and in the south
specifically. One time, he was sitting at a red light when a police car
pulled up behind him, beeped it's horn and motioned for him to go. After
all, there was no other traffic, why the hell was my friend just sitting
there!!!

Then again, in Bangkok, I've had to get out of the way of cops on
motorbikes who want to travel up the sidewalk......

nk