[alfa] Air compressor pressure control switch

Yeah, this should be off Digest. However, it's used for working on
Alfas.

Anyone out there with something like an older  / ancient 80 gallon
industrial type air compressor with a huge electric motor (no idea of
what the HP is, nor the make) and a very large compressor? Additionally,
you've become intimate with the pressure control switch (which controls
the motor to cut in and off)?

I have a Furnas 95 / 125 pressure control switch which I suspect is,
unnnh, suspect. Yes, I've filed the points, but still having problems
with the motor kicking in without backing it way off to about 70#'s
before kicking in. Yes, the motor probably needs rebuilding - new
brushes, armature cleaned up. It has a new air filter.  Back to the
control: Furnas is now owned by Siemiens. They'd much prefer to sell
controls should one be building a huge dam.

Grainger has a pressure control switch for $22.81 (2FG79 - didn't get
the brand) which I'll probably go with. Obviously I've been googling and
ACI (Advanced Controls, Inc.) have a 95-125 psi one for $41 with
additional amounts for an unloader valve and "off/auto" cover (???).

Okay, what I want is to get a bullet proof pressure switch and is also a
bolt on affair. I'd also like to get one which goes from 'about' 110-140
as I have a long hardline going through two water filters, a 50' air
hose, and there is a fair amount of pressure drop. The next switch up
that ACI offers is 145-175 psi. Afraid that might strain the old dear
(she will be 40 next year - which is ?? in people years).

Any suggestions?

I ask you, wasn't this the most exciting post ever?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Could have been a continuation of 164 fuel injection hoses - which is a
real nail biter.