[alfa] polishing all that Al-u-minium

I've seen posts now and then about Al cleaning and polishing.

I came across this site whilst (the Anglophilia is setting in) studying up for some
maintenance (fork seals) on a friend's GL500 SilverWing motorcycle. It is a moto site,
and Brit to boot, but some may find it interesting.

http://www.elsham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cx500/polish.html

To get to the home page, just scrub off the "polish.html" with some of that MK-I
keyboarding grease ;) There are some other tech notes that may be helpful in explaining
basic maintenance procedures to newbies.

I'm excited to try the 2"/50mm or so dia. 3M discs with 1/4" shaft having several
grades of "nylon scrubbie" material in lieu of fine grit paper. Anyone worked with
these?

All the best.

Waiting for the salmon to come into the Nemah as the elk and bow hunters play hide and
seek in the hills and valleys, we are

Perry & Diana Wise & Verena Ragazza-'81 Spider Veloce Kit
Wise Acres
Nemah, Washington