From: TJCallahan@domain.elided
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Engine Lock Tool Needed
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:53:34 EDT

All,

I'm searching for a tool that will lock the engine so that front crank and
rear flywheel bolts can be torqued. The tool would need to be useable while the
engine is in the car. I have this vision of something that would bolt into the
place of the starter motor and lock the flywheel teeth, but that's just an
off-the-top-of-my-head thought.

The specific engine I'm working on is an Alfa 4cyl 2.0L but would also use it
(if possible) on my 1.6L Giulia engine when the time comes.

I've checked a couple of the usual Alfa sources without luck. Any suggestions?

TIA

Tom
Seattle
6310123