[alfa] Oil Pump: Alfa vs. Porsche 944

You know, the 944 and the GTV6 are not too different from one another, in
weight distribution, HP and vintage.  The oil pump on the GTV6 is driven
off the same pulley as the distributor, by the timing belt.  Should the
timing belt break, there will be an abrupt loss of oil pressure.
Fortunately, the engine will abruptly halt when this happens, thus
preventing damage due to loss of lubrication.  Of course, the when such a
catastrophe is visited upon your pistons and valvetrain, low oil pressure
is the least of your worries . . .

As I recall, the timing belt cover on the 944 completely encloses the
belt, right?  This would be nice on the V6, where an errant pebble (or
nut) could find its way between the belt and a pulley.

Anyway, there is no shame in owning a Porsche.  Heck, the entire
FI/Ignition system on a lot of Alfas is Bosch, Brembo made my front
calipers, the synchromesh is "Porsche type," etc. etc.