Re: [alfa] HELP! Fuel pump problem?? 1978 Spider Veloce

A couple of possiblities:

Clogged fuel filter.   Becomes fuel starved.  When you shut the car off, the
filter junk flows back up, then the pump reprimes the float bowls.

Sediment in the fuel tank.   When you shut the car off, the junk floats to the
top and clears the line.

Check to see if it behaves differently on a full tank of fuel.

-Peter