Re: [alfa] RE: Alfa 33 / sud engines

Thanks to all those that replied!

The engine is a 1.7 8 valve. I've just heard back from the machine shop
that the crank had actually already been machined before, by someone
who had no idea what they were doing. The journals are undersize, no
replacement bearing will fit (which explains why the engine rattled like
crazy when running and why some of the bigends had nearly 1mm of
play in them!!! The crank cannot be machined any further as the largest
oversize bearings will not be big enough.

As a last resort, I'm going to take the crank to these guys
www.hardchrome.com.au
This is going to get expensive quickly, but it might still be cheaper than
getting
hold of a whole engine.

~Benjamin