RE: [alfa] Testing Bosch Relays

> I need to test the two A727 50A 12V Bosch relays which
> activate the radiator
> fan in a 164LS to check that they are both working. How does
> one do that with
> a multi-tester ?

Find the switched pair of terminals (there may be more than one switched
pair).  Set the multi tester to measure ohms, and put one lead on each
of the switched terminals.  Apply voltage to the power terminals of the
relay, you should see the circuit close.

Note, this will test that the relay is operational, but not whether is
is operational under load.

If you can't figure out which terminals are the switched ones, or which
ones are the powered leads, look for a diagram on the side of the relay.
Or, some times the powered terminals are oriented differently from the
switched ones.

HTH,

bs