[alfa] 164 Fuel lines and Dumpster Milano

If anybody happens to go see the dumpster Milano in Atwater, CA, please take a picture and I'll post it for public amusement.

I'm the original owner of a '95 164LS (3.0 24v). My fuel rail hoses are a regular maintenance item. Original ones started emitting a fine mist at about 3 years of age. I now replace them every 2 or 3 years for piece of mind. BMW hose, as specified by Jeff Greenfield. It's not cheap, but it works. I keep a spare length of hose and appropriate tools in my car, along with a fire extinguisher. There's not much I can fix on the side of the road, but this is one of them.

Personal commentary: Yes, I think we do, as a group of fanatics, tolerate these flaws. Imagine it happening to a Lexus or some other vehicle? Not likely.

...and (tongue in cheek) for those of you who don't think 164's are "real Alfas", at least it has 4 emergency exits! I wouldn't want to be in the back seat of a GTV-6 during a fuel tank fire...

Ciao,
Karl