[alfa] Re: Filling up the Milano

Nicky wrote:

"That may not be correct since force-feeding the tank at any level may be
viewed as defeating the vapor controls in the car and pump. I don't know
but I doubt it's relevant to Derek's problem. I found filling more
slowly is an irritating but effective way to increase the amount I could
get in the tank without forcing it."

In the seven years we've had our '87 Gold, the only times I've ever been
able to see much more than 3/4 on the gas guage was when the pump was a
painfully slow one. It also seems not to have any connection with the
vapor-recovery stuff either, since until 2000 I was often gassing up in
localities with no such requirements, usually with plain old unjacketed
nozzles. It'd still click off several gallons shy of full, unless I let
it sort of ooze in...and then once in a while it'd overflow.

Will Owen