[alfa] Re: 164 Step motors - Changed MY '94

While the motors remained the same, there was a change starting in '94 w/the
AC controller (LCD display).  While stationary, the stepper motors receive a
periodic pulse from the controller to maintain their relative position.
This pulse caused "hammering" on the stepper motor gears and is what
ultimately causes the "wear & tear" leading to failure.  In '94 the
controller was reprogrammed to reduce the pulse frequency by 50% to help
improve life expectancy of the gears in the stepper motor.  I left
employment with Alfa in '96, so I don't know if this change produced the
desired improvement.

David Rogers
Spring Hill, TN