RE: [alfa] Another Old Wives Tale...

Richard wrote:

> just don't do this with unidirectional tires (unless you have special
> knowledge. it was possible, for example, to rotate Yokohama A008R?
tires
> arbitrarily after you got the first couple of heat cycles into them,
but
> you needed to obey the arrows until you broke them in.)

Most unidirectional tires I've seen are unidirectional for a specific
reason.  Some have less tread cuts on the outer edge, sort of a slick,
for better cornering grip while others have a "V" tread pattern designed
to force water out.  This type of "rain" tread could be dangerous in the
wet if rotating backward, thus forcing the water in.

Richard Arnold

'73 Spider
'87 300 SDL