[alfa] Re: heat shield (asbedtos)

I suspect from the age of the car, that the shield is made of asbestos. As a
practical matter, no problem, as long as the fibres remain compressed. There
are three different types of asbestos, only one of which causes cancer  and
asbestosis, and then only on chronic exposure. Still, nothing I'd volunteer to
breathe. If you ever remove the shield again, a light spray of water  will keep
the fibres settled...more or less.