RE: [alfa] Can't get full tank of gas in my Milano

> Anyone know why fueling my 88 Milano Verde has always been a pain?
Ever
> since I bought the car 18 months ago getting the fuel guage to
register a
> full tank of gas has only happened a few times. I usually spend a fair

> amount of time trying to top off the tank since for some reason the
gas
> pumps always stop short.

This is a well known problem in Milanos.  IIRC, the 'cure' is to look at
the venting lines between the tank and the filler.  Look for dips in
them, I think the fix was to reroute one of them such that it went up
and over something instead of down and under something.

I think that fuel caught in the dip would fool the filler into thinking
the tank was full.

HTH,

bs