From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Andy
Kress
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 6:25 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Re: Humming Rear Axle

Colin, it would be way simpler and much, much cheaper to swap out the bad
axle for a known good rear end from another car.  Rebuilding these
differentials is very expensive and requires special tools and
training.  BTW, congratulations on having a mechanic honest enough to admit
his limitations.  i am assuming of course that there are used rear axles to
be had in Singapore.
andy kress