[alfa] re:164 cabin fuel vapor smell

Mark,

The smell could come from a number of places.  The most probable is the fuel
lines on the rail on top of the engine.  Make sure those are tight.  The other
areas are the gaskets at the fuel pump and fuel sending unit.  Also, 164 fuel
vapor cannister in the trunk (on passenger side) behind the carpet can cause
the smell.  I have that problem I believe as I only smell fuel when the window
or sunroof are open (the gaskets at the fuel pump and fuel sending unit have
been replaced).

Do the smell test and try to isolate where the smell is coming from.  If it is
the engine compatment check the lines in enginge compartment and tighten.  If
it is the trunk take the carpet out and check the fuel pump and sending unit
gaskets for leakage.  At the same time check the cannister as well.

                              Terry Johnston
                               91 164 S
                               83 GTV6
                               74 Spider