[alfa] Caribou Top Installation

Just installed my Caribou Canvas top on my '76 Spider. Having a hell of a time getting it to latch. Seems like it needs to stretch an awful lot. Is this normal? I think I could get it to latch if I had 2 more people helping, but I don't want to rip it or bend something. Can somebody relate their experience? FYI-I did the install in 75+ degree weather.
Thanks,
Jason Glover
Bellingham, WA