[alfa] Portland Race

Hey All,

It's 12:36am and I have 2.5 hours to get everything loaded.  I want to be on
the road at 3am.  It's a 3 hour drive to Ptld.  Trouble is during a brake
pad inspection I just happened to notice my right front tire is corded and
bald.  Completely useless!  The weekend just got more exciting.  I am
running 205/60-14 Hoosier Street TD's if any one wants to meet me there and
lend a tire or two.  Find me, I'm car #196!

So, I'm hoping someone has a pair or one for sale down there, and I'm sure
they have tire changing facilities.  However, I bought a set of Hoosier
RS303's on ebay a while back.  I could have those mounted then i'd have to
change my front suspension geometry.  Bias ply tires pretty much like no
neg. camber, the radials do like it.  Changing my camber also affects toe in
a bit, so it'll be interesting if I have to go with that option.
We'll see if I can make the first session.  This is what racing is all
about.

Have a great Labor Day weekend, I am sure mine will be interesting.

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA