When should I give up?? (Head Gasket)

Hey folks.  I have put as much effort into avoiding a head gasket change as
it would take to have changed it.  I have changed the oil filters, change
the vapor. separator hoses and cleaned the separator out.  I have changed to
oil and water a few times.  I am still seeing emulsified oil in the engine
via dipstick and under the olio cap.  Have I beaten this dead horse enough,
or should I just choke it up and change the gasket?  Any opinions about
radiator/block sealants??

Andy Menapace
79 Spider

P.S.  Thanks to all the Alfisti who helped on the slave cylinder and the
blankity-blank limiting strap questions.  I now have two success stories
about Alfa mechanicing!

I still know someone selling an 86 Spider for $3000 if anyone is interested.

Thanks