Re: more hot v6s

Ethan,

Another thought aside from the overflow tank and testing the thermostat would
be to test the pressurised cap to make sure that it is actually able to hold
pressure. Same problems would occur as if you had a ruptured overflow tank (no
pressure, premature boiling). Don't have any thoughts on the fan switch.
Regarding radiators, I had my rodded out a few months back, but the shop said it
was fairly clean. To my knowledge it is the original radiator that has seen
service for 187,300 miles (in my GTV6). It wouldn't hurt to get yours checked for
flow/blockage, but I would check some potentially cheaper things first. New
overflow tank caps are probably $7-$15 or so, and I'm sure that a new
thermostat or overflow tank would be less expensive than the money to get the radiator
recored/rodded out. I paid about $320 to have mine done since I don't have
anyplace to work on my car currently, which means I paid them to take it out and
reinstall it. Good luck with yours.

-Josh
'71 1750 Berlina
'72 2000 Berlina