RE: more on gear lightening

I would hazard that many of our cars have exceded the lifespan, or simple
requirements that the cars were originally engineered for. I'm sure a
properly rebuilt gear box will function nicely, but as most of us intend on
keeping these cars on the road as long as possible, the engineering
requirements change. Why simply do a rebuild, when for a few dollars more,
you can perhaps never need another one, and improve the shifting in the
process?

I guess that's a long winded way of saying, the factory was right, but as
we've perhaps deviated from the original requirements, perhaps a few
enhancements are in order. My .02

Along those lines, anyone know where I can get a used transaxle to rebuild?
Mine is TOAST, and I'd prefer to rebuild another unit, and then replace mine
when it's done, thus keeping my car on the road as long as possible.

Respectfully,
Graham
85 GTV6
Tampa Bay