Re: more hot V6s

Ethan,

2 weeks ago, when my fan relay decided to stop working, I had an overheat in traffic. I got steam coming from the passenger side. What I found was that the pressure built up enough to allow the steam to escape where the lower rad hose connects to the radiator. It stopped leaking once the pressure was relieved.

That said, have you tested the thermostat? Is it opening? (the shop manual details how to test it.) If it isn't working I believe that would conveniently explain all your problems.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org