RE: rebuilding clutch cylinders

> Can anyone who has rebuilt clutch slave and/or master cylinder(s) give me an
> indication of how difficult a job it is?  Do you think its worth the effort?

Short answer -- like cake with jam, and worth doing.

It simply involves removing the cylinders, dismantling, checking the bore.  You may find that the bore is pitted.  Some people simply hone them, but I recommend having them resleeved with stainless steel sleeves at a good brake and clutch shop.  With stainless sleeves, you'll only have to replace the rubber seals for the nest twenty years.  If the bore isn't pitted, you only have to replace the rubber seals.

Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ
'73 105 GTV (currently rebuilding brake and clutch cylinders)
'85 116 Giulietta (just rebuilt clutch slave and master)