From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Simon Body
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 9:26 AM
To: mark@domain.elided; alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Oil Separator

Dear Mark

How do you clean the oil separator on the Spider?
Regards

Simon

Joe,
A cheap thing to check is the oil-vapor separator. My friends spider
was drinking oil, and occasionally laying down a smoke screen. He was
more or less resigned to a rebuild. I suggested cleaning the
separator. It was chuck full of junk, and all the oil it separated out
ended up in the intake. Cleaning the separator solved the problem.
- --Mark