Re: 164 S hard clutch

Kerry at Cafe Miranda wrote:

> Hi, My lo milage 164 has a occasional very stiff & sticky clutch. I can
> detect no pattern as of yet. It has been doing it oon & off even during a
> single drive....any help out there????Kerry

If the 164S still has the dampener (an approx. 2.5" round and 1" thick disk attached
below the air cleaner with hydraulic hoses from the master cylinder and to the slave
cylinder). The pedal will stay as hard as a rock when it fails completely.

Everybody I know removed 'em and put 'em in the trash. I'm kinda surprised one woulda
lasted this long - but anythin' possible.

If it *is* still there, remove the hydraulic hose from the slave cylinder and move the
one from the master currently goin' to the dampener directly to the slave cylinder.

That's my 2 lira guess,
'nardo