Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 02:54 PM 8/26/2003, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:50:39 -0500
From: "Graham Davis" <grahamldavis@domain.elided>
Subject: Clutch Hydraulic Troubles

I believe that while your parts are non-branded, they are equally well
made.  The spider shares it's clutch MC with the Gtv-6 and you have the
earlier pattern.  This last weekend I installed one from Bruce's Parts
Bin on my bride's spider but I bench-bled all the air out prior to
installation.  MC works just fine.  If you own a repair manual, you know
to preset the piston shaft link - machined end of cylinder to back end of
clevis eye @ 13.5mm.  Other inst. tips are: first, fit the piston through
the mounting bracket hole then screw in the hydraulic line 12mm nut
finger tight.  Next couple the piston to the actuator lever.  I prefer to
use a hitch pin instead of a cotter; makes life easier.  Put star washers
under the 8mm bolt heads and anti-sieze on the threads.  The lockwashers
and nuts will spin on with your fingers.  The box end of a good
(Craftsman, etc.) 13mm stubby wrench will fit on the top nut underneath
the reservoir and swing clear of the brake reservoir.

Graham L. Davis'91 164 L'89 Milano Verde'89 Spider Grad