RE: Wiring 1982 Electronic tach

Kelly wrote:
>I am converting my 71's cable driven tach to a latter
>model 82 (I think) electronic tach. Does anyone have
>the wiring diagram for the 82 tach.  There are three
>posts on the back to accept wires, I presume 12+,
>Ground, Coil.  but none are labeled.

Kelly, Here's what the rear of my 1985 Spider tachometer looks like:
The Alternator warning light plugs in on the LEFT side (RIGHT side on
the front). On the right side there is a large metal projection with
insulated terminals above and below. The upper terminal connects to
the (-) negative side of the ignition coil and the lower terminal
goes to +12 volts at Fuse #7. The remaining uninsulated screw must be
connected to ground. Be careful to remove only one nut at a time from
the insulated terminals as everything wants to fall back inside the
sealed tach.
Gil
1985 Spider