RE: 240HP from a 2L thread

Hi All,

Today I was priviledged to see an amazing engine! (well actually 5 of them).

I am contracted to a local company to develop an engine management ECU for a new road
vehicle and whilst digging around the development department I saw a pallet of some
interesting engines that had arrived since my last visit.  They appeared to be small V8's
with all alloy castings and looked sort of familar.  I plucked up the courage to enquire
what they were.

Turns out they are a special F2 engine developed by a company in the UK.  The cylinder
heads and barrels are from the Yamaha 1000cc 4 cylinder motor cycle engine.  Take two of
these and make a new crankcase and a crankshaft and you have a very potent engine.

Some specs I was able to drag out of the engineers are:

Power 450HP @ 15,000rpm from a 2.0L engine.  Hummmmm that is 225HP per litre, not too
shabby!

Max redline 17,5000.

Not a road car engine but very interesting nonetheless.

I can't wait to see one of these on the dyno!

Next job is an engine management ECU for these little beauties.

John
Durban
South Africa
Alfetta 1.8L turbo