New Spider update

Thanks to everyone who sent me info on the Spider fuel system.  Much great
advice that I'll have to store away as I am getting fuel to the rail with
good pressure at the injectors.

After cranking for a while, I smelled gas.   Cool.  Probably not the pump or
injection.  I tested pressure at the rail, which checked out.  I put a VOM
on the injector wire and got good pulses.   Yesterday while checking out the
car, I only checked spark from the coil.  I pulled the coil to cap wire for
the check.  Today, I ran a spare wire from the cap to check for spark.  It
sparked but it was weak and it didn't appear to spark every cycle.

I pulled the cap and rotor, which look like they've been on the car since
1986.   Very worn.  I pulled the plugs which were wet with gas (more good
news, not a pump phew!).   The Lodge HL's electrodes were barely existent.
They were black and totally fouled.   I'm hoping I can get new iginition
parts locally, even if I have to order them and wait.

So, I'm guessing the plugs were so worn that they fouled while the guy was
driving it and they just wouldn't restart.

Hoping that the new ignition parts will get it purring again this week.

Thanks again to all that offered expertise.

-Peter