Re: Replacement for a 164

Mike: Do what I did when my wife decided to give up commuting in her 74 GTV
(too old/small/unsafe). I bought her a 01 Audi A4 which she just adores, as do
I. The 01 is nicer looking than the replacement and prices are good (around
$18-19K for low mileage ex- lease car). Small for taking out customers but rear
seat is not too bad even for longer trips. Plenty of trunk space esp. with
back seats down. The AT with steering wheel controls is excellent although we
opted for the 5-speed and non-Quattro. Car is very fast- averages 25mpg and
handles like a dream. Almost prefer it to my LS but keep that for my use in the
winter (use 61  spider in summer). Warranty up to 50K miles plus 10K between oil
changes. S4s are overpriced and an A4 with a chip is faster and smoother. The
A6 is nice but heavier and more costly to operate, but try out an 01 in that
model.
Good luck
Graham Arlen
Oakland CA