RE: Berlina No Start

>So I'm leaving to head home from the movies this evening my Berlina ran

>out of gas. No biggy...I called AAA and had them bring me some fuel. I
>tried turning it over again but it just wouldn't start. It would turn
>over but not start. I pulled the plugs to see if they were dry and
>getting spark. They were both. I let the car sit for a while and tried
>again. Same thing. No start. I ended up just having it towed home.

If you've been cranking for a while, try disconnecting the cold start
solenoid.  Spica cars that have been cranking for a while almost always
start up when you do that (assuming nothing else is wrong).

I don't think you'd have enough sludge churned up in your tank to cause
this drastic of a no-start situation.

As for running out of gas being no biggie, please don't be so lax.  With
the Spica system, the running out of fuel can lead to premature failure
of the pump.

HTH,

bs