Tranny ID

Can anyone help me ID this tranny I just purchased from a local dealer.  The
ID on the case are: 5M9/41  64166.  The dealer is telling me that it came
from a 79 Alfa Spider but I've noticed a few differences from my 71 tranny.
The bell housing is not a one piece like my 71 Spider, the front bottom
section is cut off at an angle.  The shift lever coming out of the upper
case has a push button reverse safety plunger.  The two bearing inside the
rear case are of a 2 piece design.  The inner race is integral with the
bearing and the outer race is separate.  It looks like the ID and OD of the
two are correct though but I haven't removed them yet.  (On my 71 tranny the
outer race and bearing are one piece)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I can send pictures to anyone wishing
to see the components.

John Ortakales
71 Alfa Spider
www.knology.net/ortak