Alfetta GT Guibos

I finally put my drive shaft back together this weekend.

I had put the car up on jack stands to replace the guibos back in early June.  At the time I reference IAP's catalog and found the guibo types change part way through 1976.  This meant I had to remove the parts before I could identify the type I had.

Once out I notice my guibos had tabs that resembled the later type illustrated in the IAP catalog and placed my order (or should I say backorder).  After two months nothing but missed deadline from IAP (they should be here in 3-4 week,  (5 weeks later:  they should be here in 3-4 weeks, 4 weeks later: were not sure if there here or not).  A week later I cancelled my order and placed it with Bruce's parts bin.  Three days later I got my parts order.

Now the real problem:  the guibos I got have the tabs like mine, but do not have the center metal cylinder mine have.  When I went back to the IAP catalog I found that the tab-less guibos seemed to have the center cylinder.  Needless to say after 3 months I wasn't going to wait any longer.  They fit so I put them in.

Any comments or suggestions?  Has anyone been down this road before?