Hot Spider

Having just owned my 88 Graduate a little more than a year, I'm not super familiar with these cars. Is it normal for the car to seem "hot" coming from around it with the top down? The more I pay attention to different things I begin to wonder. Also, even though the heat was not on, it seemed like the lower passenger area around the feet was hot too. Normal? Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Grizzly