Spider AC

I'm looking to update my 86 Spider AC system. I will have to do some work
behind the dash to the duct work, due to a previous owners shoddy stereo
instillation. My question is Should I look to replace the antiquated and
power draining original system with a new one. or should I have the
existing system rebuilt if at all possible. I live in florida and a
quality AC system is a must.

Bill

marrah1@domain.elided