RE: Highway Sighting: 1930's Alfa Zagato!

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:19:16 Karl D <karld@domain.elided> wrote:
>.Today I saw a gleaming white 1930's Alfa Zagato on Highway 280
near
>Palo Alto. WOW! He was headed southbound, possibly towards the
>Concorso, or other Monterey-area events this weekend. (I did not
find
>such a car registered as an exhibitor at Concorso.com)...

It is very interesting for the car person around here this
weekend. Today, when I pulled into the NAPA Auto Parts parking
lot, there I think it was an 8C2300 with a couple of guys trying
to start it. I was inside when it finally started but as it pulled
away, it sure sounded like a straight 8 (when I was a kid, my next
door neighbor had a Mercedes 540k). It was probably part of the
Pebble Beach Tour where a lot of the Concours d'Elegance cars go
on a 50 mile drive in the 'hood.

Last year, parked on the street in a row by the pizza place was a
Ferrari F50, F40 and a lowly Porsche Turbo. It's interesting even
if you don't go to any of the events.

Leslie Wong
1979 Alfetta Sprint Veloce
Pacific Grove, CA