RE: Maserati 4Porte <NAC>

> That said, there are few better engines with a better pedigree (all
the way
> back to the 450S and the Shah's 5000GT), the lines turn your head 25
years
> later (there's no question, this car means business!) and the interior
is
> the greatest "love nest" there is! (Villency showroom, maybe?)
>
> I used to service half a dozen, the five-speed was awesome and along
with
> the Ferrari 400i, the 4Porte was my favorite businessman's express.

The Maserati V8 is a great motor.  It looks like a couple of Alfa motors
welded together as a V8.  It shares a lot of the same characteristics
with the Alfa motor too, it's got a nice wide torque curve, rather than
delivering everything at real high RPM's it's got useful power all over
the RPM range.

The Maserati V8 has something like 90% of it's torque at 1500 RPM, and
you don't need (or want) to rev much beyond 6000 RPM.

It's also got a timing chain, not a $%#@!#! belt...

bs