SCCA Speed World Challenge

Sorry about the blank message.

A friend of mine is one of the traveling tech inspectors for the SCCA
Speed World Challenge, mentioned at lunch yesterday that at the Mid-Ohio
race last weekend, several new manufactors/teams approached the SCCA about
getting their cars classifed for the 2004 season. He mentioned several
cars that were discussed. The one that really sparked interest was from
Alfa Romeo. They asked to classify the 156 GTA. It was tenatively but with
a conventional transmission. I asked him about the requirement about being
a production car here in the US and he told me that the rule does not
apply to World Challenge. Several cars currently running World Challenge
are not sold in the US. I would not hold my breath , but hopefully we will
see Alfa Romeo racing again in the US in 2004.

ANDREWG
Houston, TX
82 GTV6 ITS #68
88 Milano Verde