115 column light switch

The parking and tail light circuit on the column lighting switch on my '74 GTV
has gone intermittent on me.  It works fine in the "Parking Lights" position,
but only works with a lot of jiggling of the stalk in the Main position, and
even then they flicker on and off.

Considering the cost of a replacement is $200+, I figured it would be worth
trying to disassemble the switch and clean the contacts (I've sprayed better
part of a can of contact cleaner in there already).

Has anyone tried this before, and can you give me any tips for success?

Thanks.

Dean Mericas
Ann Arbor, MI
1974 2000GTV