Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 03:30 AM 8/12/2003, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:51:20 -0700
From: "Doug Irvine" <dirvine@domain.elided>
Subject: Questions for new Spider owner

I just bought a great red '85 Spider graduate and am very happily now
enjoying the limited sun season in Seattle. Can anybody help me with a
few things I have been trying to figure out?

First, how do you replace the little turn signal indicator light that
sits between the speedo and odometer pods directly in front of driver?

Second, how do you remove the shift knob?  I tried to unscrew it and it
appears to be glued on? That doesn't seem possible but I am hesitant to
twist too hard because I don't want to break anything. The existing one
is the original fake wood is quite worn and I want to replace it with a
new real wood one.

Third, how do you keep the window crank handle from falling off?  There
is a little set screw that is supposed to hold the handle on but is
seems to not be doing the job.  Are there any tricks to do this?

Thanks,

Doug Irvine

'85 Spider Graduate