re: '88 Spider- fuel vapor carbon canister location?

Paul,
	Didn't you see the classic adventure film, "Indiana Jones and Carbon
Canister Conundrum"??  This is the one where Indy searches everywhere
between Heaven and Hell for the Carbon Canisters and only finds them in
the end (of course) when perusing a Umberto Ecco 'novel' about the
myriad connections between the Holy Roman Empire, Knights Templar, the
Teachings of Don Juan, and the resurrection of Walt Disney.  This lead
him to Weeki Wachee where a helpful mermaid who pointed him in the right
direction where he.... I don't want to give away the entire plot line
before you see the movie.

	To cut to the last 24 frames of the movie (before the credits), the
carbon canisters are located in a compartment accessed via the
passengers wheel well.  Remove the wheel and look inside the well and
towards the back.  You'll find 2 (or is it 3) screws protruding from the
under coating and a faint outline of the panel they hold in place.
Remove the screws and the panel and the canisters are located within.
But first poke a stick into the open in case the ScarySharp Scimitar
booby trap is armed...

	I've always suspected that the vinyl vapor hose has gotten brittle with
age and is loose at some connection for I get a slight gas smell every
once in awhile.  I'd replace the original hose with some polyurethane
hose which stand the vapors for a long time.  And you can get them in
colors.  But I haven't gotten around to replacing the hose as of yet.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider -  SS S booby trap disarmed
	'73 GTV