Re: alfa-digest V9 #703

Ben - I too had a Alfas in SODAK. In fact I purchased an '87 Milano new from the dealer in Rapid City. I also had my beloved '84 Spider there and drove it almost every day unless it was snowing hard. I later used that same Spider for my 150 minute round trip commute from the Tehachapi mountains across the Mojave Desert to Edwards AFB, everyday. Many trips were made into LA for any number of reasons (including Raider's games). For ten years I used that Spider as my daily commuter car and it never let me down. Of course I was very diligent about maintenance. Sure would like to know what happened to her.

<And all of this did not take place in Dave Mericle's sunny climes. Though we
<spent two years in the Long Beach/LA environs, most of the past 30+ years of
<Alfa ownership took place in Ohio and Minnesota, as well as my home state of
<South Dakota. There was rarely an Alfa Romeo dealer within a 3 hour drive.

<Yes Dave, I, too, have a cell phone. But I have used it more often to call
<for help with the Detroit iron that I have not listed here.

<Peace and good daily drives,
<Ben