The ongoing Boneschi saga

I found the three tack-ons to the Boneschi retrocar narative from Ron
Horowitz, Fabio Withoutalastname, and jeff clark utterly fascinating. If
anyone gives a hoot about what it was that I actually said, they can look it
up in digest v.9#700. Ron and Fabio responded in 701, jeff in 702. It might be
interesting to hear a debate between Ron (facts are "neither true nor false,
but a matter of perspective on a larger picture not generally comprehended")
and Fabio ("with just a phone call I can get any question answered correctly")
but I will take a pass. Ditto on jeff's ammended version of Bertrand Russell:
"I mean by intellectual integrity the habit of deciding vexed questions in
accordance with the evidence, or of leaving them undecided where the evidence
is inconclusive, unless there is some money or ego or both in there
somewhere..." I doubt Russell would quite agree with jeff's improvement of his
thought, but that is only an opinion.

Looking for more evidence - of anything - I found a statement which supports
the idea that the 4R was built on a modified Giulia platform rather than on a
simple ladder frame. A listing in the Etceterini Register has "AR*380060
telaio Giulia SS rinumerata 393.001 per il prototipo delle Quattroruote
Zagato" with a build-date of July 23, 1965, with the initial owner Edizioni
Domus (the publishing house which owns and produces Quattroruote). The full
listing of chassis numbers, build-dates and first owners has 393.002, October
12 1965, also for Edizioni Domus, as were a few of the later cars. It also
implicitly explains the break in the numbering: 393.001 to 393.075 are an
unbroken series, although not in chronological order, and then for 393.901
through 393.910 all of the location-identifiable first owners were in RHD
countries.

I'll leave things at that. I suspect my take on the nature and utility of
history is clear enough, except for those to whom it isn't.

Cheers

John H.